Tenchi Souzou / Terranigma

mycophobia
Site Admin

Tenchi Souzou / Terranigma

Post by mycophobia »

tom.fichtner.leipzig

Re: Tenchi Souzou / Terranigma

Post by tom.fichtner.leipzig »

This is an amazing review with a refreshing "no frills" writing style. The review perfectly encapsulates the sense of progress and exploration that this game invokes in the player, while also not falling short for critizing the game for some of its rather tedious dungeon design. When (re-)playing this game as a kid and teenager, I guess I kind of felt some of the dungeons to be a neccessary punishment I had to endure for the privilege of travelling and shaping the world as we know it. And indeed, the fluent and addictive combat mechanics make up for most of the grind. This game will always be one of my all-time favorites across all consoles and platforms known to me.

Your review also made me pay attention to the two previous games of Quintet. Perhaps I will dig them up one day if I'm in the mood for some genuine pre-nostalgia gaming.

Great little website, by the way. I discovered it through this post:
https://mastodon.online/@jlsksr/111903415558690472

Cheers from Germany and Taiwan,
Tom
mycophobia
Site Admin

Re: Tenchi Souzou / Terranigma

Post by mycophobia »

Thank you so much for reading and replying! Definitely check out Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia, they're fantastic, and show what Quintet can do when they're firing on all cylinders.